Lake Tahoe’s West Shore Café & Inn + Announces
Winter-Long Dining Specials, Parties and Lodging Packages
HOMEWOOD, Calif. (Fall, 2012) - Lake Tahoe’s West Shore Café + Inn will offer new après-ski and dinner specials throughout winter, as well as lodging and holiday events. Lake Tahoe’s West Shore Café & Inn, a picturesque lakefront restaurant and inn located adjacent to Homewood Mountain Resort, offers an unparalleled lake view setting with fresh, seasonal cuisine at affordable prices.
- Celebrate America’s stealthy eschew of Prohibition with Speakeasy Friday from 5 p.m. – 10 p.m. at West Shore Café + Inn. Don your best glad rags (fancy attire), and dip the bill (have a drink) from a special menu of once-forbidden jiggle water (spirits); gain access to hush-hush potables; and do the Charleston to live music scheduled weekly. In the interest of not being pinched, Speakeasy Friday specials shift and change weekly; so to be in password-cahoots, drop a dime to West Shore Café + Inn each week at 530.525.5200. Speakeasy Friday is offered Friday, Jan. 4, 2013 through Friday, March 29.
- A popular winter tradition among locals and visitors alike, Après-Ski Happy Hour at the Café is offered Friday through Monday from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. – and includes a new happy hour menu of shareable plates such as fresh ahi and chips, mini slider burgers, specialty bacon delectables, and vegetarian options. Menu selections start at $5. Happy hour rates also extend to highlighted beers, wines, and specialty cocktails. Après-Ski Happy Hour kicks off Friday, Jan. 4 and continues through the ski season.
- Sunday Supper + West Shore Scrabble New this winter, West Shore Café & Inn will host Tahoe’s newest Scrabble tournament and league. West Shore Scrabble invites all walking lexicons to test their wordsmith prowess – either for a single Sunday or for the entire winter. Individual scores will be tracked weekly as well as throughout the season; and prizes for each Sunday’s individual high score will be awarded in addition to an overall prize for the tournament champion. Scrabble players are welcomed to enjoy the Sunday Supper special; or groups of four or more players will receive 25% off any bottle from the café’s extensive wine list.
- Back by popular demand and offered to all guests every Sunday, the Sunday Supper special presents the Chef’s Choice weekly entrée paired with a glass of featured wine for $20. Sunday Supper + West Shore Scrabble are offered from 5 p.m. – 10 p.m. starting Sunday, Jan. 6, 2013 through spring.
- West Shore Monday offers half-off of all entrees from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., in addition to select beverage specials. The Café’s menu offers classic dishes and comfort foods that draw from the best that California has to offer – fresh, seasonal produce, seafood and meats prepared to accentuate the flavors inherit in each item. West Shore Monday is offered Monday, Jan. 7, 2013 through the ski season.
- The West Shore Café & Inn’s New Year’s Eve Dinner offers a quintessential lakefront setting to ring in the New Year with Lake Tahoe style – including a festive prix-fixe holiday menu, champagne, party favors, and live music. The “Family” reservation time option from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. welcomes all ages; and the “Party” reservation times of 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. is adult-only. Family reservations are $35 for children and $95 for adults. Second seating party reservations are $125 for adults and include your table for the evening, noisemakers, post-dinner live music, and a complimentary glass of champagne for the New Year’s toast.
- Full Moon Rising Parties are West Shore Café + Inn’s claim to fame. Known as Tahoe’s best location to celebrate the moonrise over the lake year-round, this winter’s Full Moon Rising parties are scheduled for Saturday, Jan. 26; Monday, Feb. 25; and Friday, March 29, 2013. Homewood skiers and boarders begin the evening by enjoying special “after-hours” access to the mountain from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.; then swap their mountain gear for party attire. Just steps from Homewood’s slopes, the West Shore Café + Inn welcomes skiing and boarding guests to enjoy live music, signature winter drink specials such as the Moonlight Martini and Moonlight Cocoa, costume themes, and sumptuous dinner menus – in addition to an unobstructed view of the moonrise. Full Moon Rising parties begin at Homewood at 4 p.m. and continue at West Shore Café + Inn through 11 p.m.
- The Peak to Shore vacation package invites winter enthusiasts to enjoy lakefront lodging at the Inn, which is mere steps from the slopes of Homewood Mountain Resort, deemed one of the country’s most scenic mountains by SKI Magazine. Peak to Shore packages start at $299 per night, and are available through May, 2013. Each night reserved includes two lift tickets which are valid any day including holidays, complimentary breakfast, and on-demand shuttle service to and from nearby destinations. Guests will enjoy an authentic Lake Tahoe ski vacation from Homewood’s peaks to the West Shore Café & Inn’s lakefront setting. Reserve Peak to Shore by calling West Shore Café + Inn directly.
- The Valentine’s Day Romantic Getaway Package highlights West Shore Café + Inn’s renowned lakefront setting and inherent romance. The Romantic Getaway Package is available Thursday night, February 14 starting at $199, and includes lodging at West Shore Café & Inn as well as a choice of either two adult lift tickets valid at Homewood Mountain Resort or a $50 dining credit valid at the Café. The dining credit may be used any day, including Valentine’s Day. Reserve the Romantic Getaway Package by calling West Shore Café + Inn directly.
- Enjoy the West Shore Café + Inn’s tranquil surroundings and warm interior – as well as Tahoe’s relaxed midweek atmosphere – with the new Winter Midweek Retreat lodging special. Reserve two midweek nights (Sunday-Thursday) and receive one complimentary midweek night. Guests who are ready to hit the slopes will enjoy fresh tracks at Homewood Mountain Resort, located just steps from the Inn. To reserve Winter Midweek Retreat, use promotional code “MIDWK2013” by calling West Shore Café + Inn directly.
About the West Shore Café & Inn: With its beautiful surroundings, warm ambiance, and seasonal menus, the West Shore Café & Inn is a lakefront favorite among Tahoe’s community and visitors alike. Overnight guests enjoy a romantic lodge setting with spacious suites and guestrooms that combine the nostalgia of Tahoe’s historic West Shore with rustic sophistication. Floor-to-ceiling windows offer breathtaking views of the lake below, while stylish interiors feature warm leather accent, beautiful custom finishes, rich woods, and charming touches including black and white photographs of old Tahoe, cozy fireplaces and outdoor balconies. Visit WestShoreCafe.com or call 530.525.5200 for additional information or to make a reservation.